Youth Weeks: Holiday on the water!
During a Youth Week at Het Veerse Gat we will introduce you to sailing in a fun and sporty way. During the day we will of course be on the water as much as possible, because you learn best by doing it! In the evening you will get theory lessons and you can participate in fun evening programs. Together with your fellow-participants (varying in age from 8 up to approx.17 years (boat teams are based on age and sailing experience) and our instructors you will enjoy an unforgettable holiday on the water.
Zeilschool het Veerse Gat does not ask for a deposit when registrering. You only pay the course fee during the course week.
June 16, 2020
Good news for water sports associations and sailing schools. Children and young people up to the age of 18 can participate in summer camps from 1 July, including overnight stays. The camps must be held in special “camp bubbles,” according to protocols approved by government agencies this week.
Several summer camp organizations have come together to come to a protocol that makes it safe to go to camp. NOC * NSF has made a sports version of the summer camp protocol.
Everyone up to the age of 18 (and supervisors) can participate unless;
- You have had complaints such as a cold, runny nose, sneezing, sore throat, cough, shortness of breath, increase or fever 24 hours before the start of the camp.
- You have a housemate / family member with a fever and / or shortness of breath at the start of the camp.
- You have had the new coronavirus (diagnosed with a laboratory test) and if it has been diagnosed within the past 7 days.
- You have a housemate / family member with the new coronavirus (determined by a laboratory test) and if you have had contact with this housemate / family member less than 14 days ago while he / she still had complaints.
- You are quarantined because you have had direct contact with someone who has been diagnosed with the new corona virus.
- You are in a risk group, then permission from your parents is required. Consult with the doctor if necessary.
- If you get sick or get complaints during the camp, you have to go home immediately.
- If you get complaints or get sick during the camp, you have to go home immediately.
Summer camps up to 12 years old
- The summer camp is organized in a “camp bubble”. Within a camp bubble, children can play, eat and sleep together inside and outside without observing the 1.5 meter rule.
- Guidance keeps 1.5 meters apart. As guidance, limit physical contact with children to what is necessary and keep as far as possible 1.5 meters away from the children.
Summer camps 13 to 18 years old
- Within a camp bubble, young people outside can do sports, games and exercise activities together without observing the 1.5 meter rule.
- In other activities such as campfire evenings, eating and sleeping (both indoors and outdoors), the youngsters observe a distance of 1.5 meters.
- The 1.5 meter rule is observed for indoor sports, games and exercise activities.
- Guidance keeps 1.5 meters away from each other and from the young people participating in the camp.
If new guidelines, additional rules or relaxations are prescribed in the coming weeks, we will of course stick to them. We will then notify you via our website.
The week starts on Sunday afternoon between 03.00 and 04.00 pm and at the end of the week, on Saturday morning at 09.30 am we will organize a competition. During the week you get to know a lot of new people, we do fun games, visit the beautiful Veere, organize an exciting evening tour and of course we will sail a lot as well! We will sail in: Valk boats Optimists Laser Picos (popular sailboat for all ages and abilities) and Lasers.
Het Veerse Gat rents two comfortable apartments, at the Veerse Meer. You can click here for more information.
If you are looking for a special location to spend the night, you have come to the right address! We rent two types of hiker’s cabins (for 4-5 persons) that are located directly at the Veerse Meer. You can click here for more information. It is also possible to rent a hiker’s cabin or apartment in combination with a sailboat.